Thursday, September 1, 2011

Raffle Quilt

A friend ask me to make a raffle quilt!  Her nephew has cancer and is having financial difficulties.  The family brainstormed fundraising ideas to help offset some of the treatment cost.  They had a garage sale that was successful and the idea of the raffle quilt.  I'm very honored that she ask me, though I don't know if my quilting rates for a raffle quilt.  However, she and my friends that know my skills have encouraged me and have confidence in me.  So the pressure is on, the pressure that I put on myself!  Below is a picture of what I've done so far.


The fabric is Grace by 3 Sisters.  It's Christmas fabric, but it doesn't scream Christmas.  The design is Garden Trellis from the book Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam & Nicky Lintott. I love all the quilts in that book!  My sister DeAnna gave me the book for my birthday.  See what she's up to by visiting her blog Georgia-Girl Quilter.

Because there's Sew Much and More to do, I had to put the quilt on hold for a few weeks, while my husband and I move his parents and aunt who all lived together.  Even though we were able to borrow a large trailer from a friend plus organizing and having a moving sale, it has taken us 3 weeks to move them!  We have only a few more items to move and we will be done!  I'm looking forward to start sewing on the quilt again and finishing it!  I should be able to start back on it next week! I'll post another picture when it's finished.

Thanks for stopping by!
Gina
 

No comments:

Post a Comment