Friday, March 4, 2016

2015 Fall Sewing Retreat- Locust Grove, OK (Part 3)

Hello! Welcome and thanks for stopping by! This is the third and final post about our 3rd Annual Fall Sewing Retreat. I really needed to post about our 2015 Fall retreat before spring begins in 2016! In the first post I typed about how fortunate my Mom and sisters have been to get together three years in a row for a sewing retreat. In the second post, I shared photos of our shop hop. This post will show you the projects we sewed during the retreat.

This is our new retreat banner and what DeAnna was sewing in the first post.


The next two beautiful quilts were made by a friend and donated to my prayer quilt ministry. Our friend was out of town during the retreat but left them for me. She pieced the tops and quilted them and I attached the binding on both.


The sun was setting in this photo and I didn't get as good of a photo as I wanted. I'll have a better picture in another post when it's given to someone as a prayer quilt.


It's hard taking pictures of curtains that's not hanging on the wall, over a window. These are the curtains Simone made. She was serging the edges of the fabric in first post.


Simone also made this lampshade to coordinate with the curtains! How cool is that! She deconstructed the old shade and brought all the new components to the retreat!


Rhunell's beautiful umbrella quilt. She was quilting it on the longarm in the first post.


Rhunell also pieced this awesome fish wall hanging. Such precision to get the fish parts to line up!


This was the secret project you saw me working on in the first post. I was so excited to have won the 1958 calendar tea towels from eBay! My husband was born in 1958 and I'm making this for him.


We have a Sewing to Serve day during the retreat. This year everyone pieced a quilt top for the prayer quilt ministry. Each of my sisters pieced one, my mom quilted them on the long arm and I attached the binding. Pictured are two pieced tops, one quilted without the binding, one completed (quilted and bound). There were two of each design and I'm only showing one design of each here. They were all in different stages of completion.


I was running out of sunlight and these photos don't do justice to the beautiful quilts. I'll have better pictures in another post when they are given to someone as a prayer quilt.




This was a quilt DeAnna deemed her retreat quilt because she worked on it at each of the retreats. She ended up not loving it and donated to the prayer quilt ministry! Personally, I love it!


Spending a day making quilts for the prayer quilt ministry is such a blessing for me. I am blessed that my family and friends share my passion of covering the physically and spiritually ill in prayer quilts. I am blessed they donated their time and money to help contribute to the ministry. Instead of always being behind when a need arises, I'm ahead right now! Yay! because that seldom happens!

I hope you enjoyed the three part post about our fall retreat. I hope I've inspired you to plan a retreat with family and/or friends even if it's just for a day of sewing. If you missed Part 1 you can read about it here. If you missed Part 2 you can read about it here.

Have a blessed day!
Gina

1 comment:

  1. It was such fun being together and sewing and learning together. And I really like the way my curtains and lamp shade are coordinated in the master bedroom. I really needed new curtains in there and it just happened that the lamp shape fabric was starting to fall apart as I was planning my retreat project. Everyone did an awesome job on their projects and look forward to fellowship and lessons that will come with this year's retreat.

    ReplyDelete