Thursday, January 2, 2014

Handmade gifts, gifted to me

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a fun, and safe New Year's Eve/Day celebration. I had my New Year's Day black eyed peas and cabbage. Do you have a traditional New Year's meal? 

I wanted to take a moment to show you what my sister DeAnna, who blogs at Georgia-Girl Quilter, made for my Mom, sisters, sister-in-law, and myself for Christmas. My dear father passed away in 2012 and DeAnna and I shared his cotton shirts to make a quilt. Since she is in Georgia and I am in Arkansas, we weren't able to split the shirts between us until our Fall sewing retreat. (You can read about our Fall sewing retreat Part 1 and Part 2.) DeAnna took the shirts and gifted everyone with pillows. It's such a special gift idea, I wanted to show you.

My Dad liked to wear hats and caps, so it seemed appropriate to take photos of the pillow and his hats together.



A close up of the front.


A close up of the back.


I took one photo with each hat because I couldn't leave any out!



My sister, DeAnna, also gifted me with this awesome sign that she designed on her embroidery machine!


Recently I moved my sewing room to the room above the garage, you can read about it here! I love the sign and have a couple of hanging options. I love receiving handmade gifts and am blessed for having received these special gifts!

Have a blessed day!
Gina

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed doing them and hugged each pillow when I finished them. Now the grandkids are asking for a pillow so I guess I'll be making more of them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pillows are so special and the backs even look fabulous! Very sweet taking pictures with your dad's hats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ideas y'all had for Christmas. Your kitchen mitts and gloves and DeAnna's pillows and sign. So professional looking and precious. I love my homemade items - sewn with love! Every stitch and every picked out stitch too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What precious pillows and a wonderful way to remember your dad!

    ReplyDelete