Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 1st Quarter Goals with Finish-A-Long [FAL]

2012 Finish-A-Long

Rhonda, at Quilter in the Gap, has organized a Finish-A-Long [FAL] to get everyone motivated to finish our UFO's or WIP's (whatever your favorite acronym is for unfinished quilting or sewing projects). She has broken it down quarterly and you set your own limit as to how many you think you can complete in the quarter. I'm very excited about the FAL because in 2010 my LQS hosted a UFO Challenge and it was a very satisfying feeling to get my many year old projects completed... finished... done... down to the hanging sleeve and label!

I'm glad I don't have a lot of WIP's but still there are some and I wanted to get on board the Finish-A-Long.  I'm looking forward to that satisfying accomplishment of completing a project! Thanks Rhonda for putting it together and getting all the cool prizes too. Yes! there are prizes too, but the real prize is getting these projects finished!

There's still a little time to join in, if you also want to join!

Here are my projects:

This is a wallhanging, the size is 39 x 39.  It's pinned/sandwiched, however it needs to be taken apart and ironed and restretched, pinned, and quilted.

This is a 'blessings' quilt for a newly married couple at my church.  I'm on the committe that makes prayer quilts and we voted to also make blessings quilts.  The couple enjoy the outdoors and I thought (hope) they would like the deer print fabric. I fussy cut the squares into 6 inches and as you can see, plan to border it with the brown fabric. More brown strips needs to be cut, and the top needs to be sewn together, the backing needs to be pieced, sandwiched and quilted. The size will be approximately a lap size quilt.

Last up is a prayer quilt. The size is approximately 49 x 59. The backing needs to be pieced, it needs to be sandwiched and quilted.

Three months, three quilt projects.. it sounds easy enough, however I'm already a little worried because I'm getting this post and link up in just under the wire! I hope that's not an indication of how my finishes are going to be at the end of the three months!

Happy Sewing and many blessings to you,
Gina

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to watch the progress of your projects. Thanks for linking up and playing with us. I love the colors in your first project.

    ReplyDelete