Monday, January 2, 2012

Catching Up!

Hello blogging friends! I have missed y'all! It's been a busy few months, as I'm sure it's been for you too! Work has kept me away. Working long hours on a project, left me too tired to sew or blog. After the project went in, I started on my handmade Christmas gifts. When you work, take care of family matters, don't get to sew until after 9:00 pm, stop around midnight, start over the next day; well, it leaves a person tired!

Enough of all that though, I'm glad to be able to post today and to catch up on what everyone has been doing! I'm excited to show you what I've done!

First, an update on the raffle quilt! I was very excited to learn that it raised $1,093.00 for the family! I'm speachless!

Here we go..... (I apologize that my pictures aren't the best.)











I made two quilts; one prayer quilt (above left) and a cat quilt (above right). The cat quilt was a Christmas gift for my aunt who loves cats! The backing fabric was a cat paw print design!

I made my Razorback/LSU tie quilt in the summer and had it with me during the annual Friday after Thanksgiving game. LSU was ranked 1 and Arkansas 3.  Whoever had the ball, I had their logo on top.

I'm in a divided house between the two teams. I pull for Arkansas when they aren't playing LSU. It's always fun being with my LSU family and my
Razorback family during the game!

The charm tote, pictured on the right, was a Christmas gift for my sister in Texas. The pattern is a Whistlepig Creek Productions design and the fabric is Curio by Basic Grey.


One of my new favorite websites to visit is http://sew4home.com/. They have awesome projects! I found this Slouchy Book Bag pattern that I made for two of my nieces. The green one is for my niece in Baton Rouge, and the brown one for my niece in Texas.  They used corduroy but I used Duck Cloth. It has a cord closure that wraps around a button. It sewed up quickly. They named it 'slouchy' because it doesn't have interfacing or fusible fleece and no sturdy bottom that would give it a more defined shape.


The next bag I made is a Quilts Illustrated Mini Messenger. I actually made one for myself (not pictured). The one on the left was for a niece in Baton Rouge and the one on the right I made for my Mom.  


For my niece in Texas I made this flat iron travel case. It's a design I had in my head from different travel cases that I've seen. As you can see in the picture to the left the case is closed with the flat iron inside and the cord in an outside pocket. Then you pull it apart to open it and it becomes a 'hot pad'; a place to lay your flat iron while it's hot. You could then close it, if you needed to take it with you while it's still warm.

Now, I can't wait to catch up on what you've been doing! I look forward to learning from you this year and getting to know you better! I know you will inspire me, you always do!

Blessings,
Gina

1 comment:

  1. You really have been busy. Love all the projects and I'm sure the recipients loved them also. Great Job. Congrats on the raffle quilt raising that much money. What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete