Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Shop Hopping While on Vacation - First Stop

My family is skiing and I'm shop hopping! I decided skiing's not for me and Googled 'quilt shops' in the area where we're staying and found 3 shops. Three days of skiing means I get to visit one quilt shop a day!

I drove about 30 miles to Buena Vista, Colorado to visit Bev's Stitchery. Oh! I was in heaven in the Rocky Mountains!



It's such a nice shop and the picture above doesn't do it justice. There was so much more to the store. A section with quilting, knitting and crocheting books. There was even a chair inviting you to sit down to stay awhile and browse through the books, which I did by the way! (Not the black chair at the bottom of the picture, but actually a rocking chair)

There were a group of ladies working on their Quilts of Valor quilts.

Of course I must show you pictures of what I bought! After going through the store at least twice, I decided on these FQ's. I'm really not good at putting colors together which is why I love pre-cuts! However, this is what I came up with. I have no plans for these... granny squares? maybe just stash builders.

Blues


Reds


Blues and Yellows

Sorry the book is a little wonky in the picture. I hardly buy books because there's so many (free) awesome tutorials out there that I want to make! For some reason this book caught my attention and I looked at it, put it down, looked at it again, put it down... went back over and looked at it and decided I should get it!

Below are a couple of pictures of what I saw on my drive to Buena Vista, CO!


Absolutely Beautiful!

Thanks for stopping by!

Gina

2 comments:

  1. Great pics. Looks like you are having a great time not skiing. Wish I was there. Keep on hopping!

    ReplyDelete