Thursday, March 22, 2012

Shop Hopping While on Vacation - Second Stop

The second stop I made was in Canon City, Colorado. The shop name is The Creative Cloth Closet ... oh! the eye candy! Take a look at the terrific store front!


The owner Denise, and Bonnie her employee were super nice! (I didn't expect anything less than super nice, especially from quilters!) I enjoyed visiting with them and learning from them! The store was awesome!! There were a lot of projects/inspiration on the walls, and I wish I would have taken more pictures!


Here are some pictures of the shop and some projects too. This is just a very few of the beautiful wallhanging/quilt projects.


A grouping of inspiration!

Below are pictures of what I bought!



                       Fat Quarters!



Three paper pieced patterns and foundation paper and an Add A Quarter ruler. The patterns are from a local designer Faith Wellman. Those are her designs in the 'grouping of inspiration' photo above. I've been wanting to try paper piecing and am so excited to get started on these projects!! Denise took the time to show me how to paper piece and gave me great tips too!


They had this Little Twister wallhanging displayed in the shop. I have a Little Twister and have used it to make a couple of wallhangings. I loved their red, white and blue version, so I bought fabric to make one too!

I've had so much fun on my shop hop! It's not the traditional shop hop of going to many shops in one day. I worked out a schedule to visit the three shops in the area, in the three days my family was skiing. If you are ever in the Canon City, Colorado area, I highly recommend that you stop in The Creative Cloth Closet!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment