To continue my series of catch-up post, I spent about 2 months this summer moving rooms around, purging and reorganizing.
The room above the garage was a play room for my 2 sons. The older they got, the less time they played in that room. Their toys became gaming toys instead of cars, transformers, trains and super heroes.
My sewing room was a bedroom, (without a bed) made into a craft/sewing room. I decided to move the sewing room to the room above the garage and make the sewing room to what it was originally intended - a bedroom. This meant lots of purging. I ask the boys what toys they wanted to keep and there were some I wanted to keep too. They helped me put the parts and pieces together and we either boxed them to keep or boxed them to give away.
I hate showing my mess. The photo below is the beginning stage of sorting and purging the toys.
This is the after photo, with my sewing arrangement.
The cubicles that I had toys in, made for great organizing units for my fabric! They were moved to this wall from around the window. All cleaned out of toys.
Here's a photo with it loaded with fabric! (Sorry for the stuff on the floor. I was still working on it when I took the photo.)
This toy organizer makes a fantastic UFO / project organizer! The bins are all full now!
This toy made the cut and didn't get put in the giveaway box!
The room that was my sewing room was a mess too and needed to be purged and organized before it could be made into a bedroom. It was a lot of hard work. It was a little emotional going through everything. I worked on the rooms after work each evening when I really didn't feel like it. So often other things get in the way of me actually finishing a project, I was determined to finish this! I love the way the rooms turned out! I love my new sewing space above the garage! I love the 'new' bedroom and having the extra bed for guests!
My next post will be about a fall sewing retreat I had with my Mom and sisters!