Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring Break Vacation Shop Hop - Day 2

We went to Colorado for spring break this year, specifically we stayed in Salida, Colorado and skied Monarch Mountain. My family skied - I tried it the first year - didn't really like it - while they ski - I shop. I searched the web for quilt shops nearby Salida and found 5 shops! The family ski's for 3 days, therefore my schedule was to visit 5 shops in 3 days. A couple of the shops were about an hour drive away. The scenery is so beautiful, I didn't mind the drive.

Today's post is about day 2 of my vacation shop hopping. Click here to read about day 1.

There are two shops that I visited in Canon City, Colorado. Canon City is a little more than an hour drive east of Salida and it's like driving through a canyon to get there. One of the attractions is the Royal Gorge Bridge and the city elevation is 5,300 feet above sea level.

The scenery driving to Canon City is quite different than driving to Buena Vista on day 1 of my shop hop. The road follows the Arkansas river on one side and there are rocky cliffs on the other side, with those signs that say watch for falling rock.



The drive to Canon City, CO from Salida. 


The Arkansas River between Canon City and Salida


My first stop was to First Stitches. They have a website, please visit them when you have time. 




They offered plenty of pretty fabric selections, sewing supplies, books, patterns and machines as well.


Look at that beautiful inspiration on the walls!




I purchased these pretty fat quarters at First Stitches.

My next stop was to The Creative Cloth Closet. They don't have a website otherwise I would link you to them.


They provide a lot of fabric selections, books and patterns, die cuts and quilt rulers. I was fortunate to visit The Creative Cloth Closet the last time we vacationed in Colorado.



Oh so much eye candy!


More inspiration on the wall!


I purchased these lovely fat quarters and the small flying geese ruler from Quilt In a Day.


Thanks for stopping by. It was a great vacation, I got to do what I like, my family enjoyed what they liked and we were still all together! You can read about day 1 here and day 3 here.

Blessings,
Gina

2 comments:

  1. That Bridge looked awesome and scary, thanks for providing the link. You're right...those two shops did offer a lot of eye candy. Let us know how the ruler works...I don't have that one. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful area - I would imagine that a lot of quilt designs are inspired from living in such an area. God is such a good painter and designer as seen in His beautiful creation :)

    ReplyDelete