Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring Break Vacation Shop Hop - Day 3

We went to Colorado for spring break this year, specifically we stayed in Salida, Colorado and skied Monarch Mountain. My family skied - I tried it the first year - didn't really like it - while they ski - I shop. I searched the web for quilt shops nearby Salida and found 5 shops! The family ski's for 3 days, therefore my schedule was to visit 5 shops in 3 days. A couple of the shops were about an hour drive away. The scenery is so beautiful, I didn't mind the drive.

Today's post is about day 3 of my vacation shop hopping. You can read about day 1 here and day 2 here.

I drove to Westcliffe, CO, which is about an hour drive south east of Salida. Westcliffe is located at the base of the Sangre De Cristos mountains which is Spanish for 'Blood of Christ'. The elevation is 7,888 ft. above sea level.

This was my view on the drive of the Sangre De Cristos mountains! Just gorgeous!


I visited one quilt shop in Westcliffe, Grammie Tammie's "The Wet Mountain Quilt Shop". They have a website, be sure to visit them when you have time.


Grammie Tammie's has a great selection of pre-cuts, rulers and sewing notions.


Lots of beautiful bolts of fabric and fat quarters too.



A lot of wall inspiration. There were many more but I didn't want to make the post too long!


Grammie Tammie's has 2 longarms, pretty pink butterflies were loaded on one of the machines.



I purchased this Glamping fabric and pattern. I'll fussy cut the novelty fabric for the center of the snowball block and use the green fabric for the light background in the pattern, the red bird fabric for the darker background, and the grey for the binding and backing. It will be a fun summer wall hanging!


Thanks for stopping by! It was a great vacation, I got to do what I like, my family enjoyed what they liked and we were still all together! You can read about day 1 here and day 2 here.

Blessings,
Gina

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome view and such a cute shop. Looks like you had a great time on your Day 3 adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice vacation opportunity to visit all the shops. You found some really unique shops. I love the Glamping fabric. That is so cute/fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work military boots

    ReplyDelete